Monday, November 2, 2015

Daily Writing Challenge, Day 2

The First Book I Ever Read (That I Remember)...

Okay, so I added that last part. Because the truth is that I have no idea what the first book I ever read was. It may surprise you to hear that I was quite the little reader in elementary school. I even won a microscope for reading the most pages back in second grade. Sadly, the microscope didn't last long, but my love for reading remains. This was back during the time of Reading Rainbow when my little brothers were so small that we all had to read to them. I probably read thousands of pages before finding the book that made me love reading. 

That's why I can only share the first book I remember reading, which was The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I remember devouring this book over and over again throughout my childhood, yet I don't remember a single thing that happened in it. I should probably go back and re-read it today to see what enchanted me so much about that story. Anyway, that was the book that got me into reading. I would sit outside in the patio swing and read every word as if it were the last word ever written. 

What's the first book you remember reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment